It's simple. We're fighting breast cancer in Northern Nevada
- Funding programs that support those in the fight to save lives
- Educating Northern Nevada about breast cancer risk factors, the importance of early detection and the resources that are available to them
Komen Northern Nevada serves thousands of Northern Nevada women in 11 counties in Nevada and also expands into Northern California to include Lassen County and small portions of 3 counties in the Sierra Nevada Mountains that border Lake Tahoe as the local source for funding programs that:
- provide low-cost or free screening mammograms, diagnostic testing and breast cancer treatment to uninsured or underinsured Northern Nevada residents
- provide support services before, during and after breast cancer treatment
We empower Northern Nevada residents with information about the importance of early detection and breast health.
We donate 75 percent of net funds raised to vital local breast health services, and dedicate the remaining 25 percent to national research to find the cures.
Since 1992, Komen Northern Nevada has invested more than $19 million into Northern Nevada via its annual community grants program to fund breast health programs and services for medically-under served Northern Nevada residents.
Komen Northern Nevada
is part of the big picture to eradicate breast cancer. But we're also focused on the local needs of our neighbors. We are dedicated to educating Northern Nevada
about breast cancer and the resources available along with funding life-saving screening and treatment programs for our neighbors currently battling this disease. Komen Northern Nevada
funding provided the following in the 2012-13 grant cycle:
- 5,810 mammograms
- 1,340 women received case management
- 1,118 transportation services to medical appointments
- 784 women received treatment assistance
- 726 women received breast cancer diagnostic services
Join Komen Northern Nevada
in the fight to beat breast cancer. You can donate your time
, host a fundraiser
or speak about this disease across Northern Nevada
. You can know your normal
and encourage those around you to know theirs. You can be a listening ear and strong shoulder to family and friends who are in the battle. And you can be an inspiration and tell your story as a survivor. There is a place for you in this fight. Your dollar might be the one that ultimately finds one of the cures. Your presentation might encourage a listener to get a mammogram and find her cancer at an earlier stage. Contact us today
. We're here to partner with you.
We're always only a click or a call away. However you reach us, we are always happy to help you.