It's simple. We're fighting breast cancer in Northern Nevada
- Funding programs that support those in the fight to save lives
- Educating Northern Nevada about breast cancer risk factors, the importance of early detection and the resources that are available to them
Komen Northern Nevada serves thousands of Northern Nevada women in 11 counties in Nevada and also expands into Northern California to include Lassen County and small portions of 3 counties in the Sierra Nevada Mountains that border Lake Tahoe as the local source for funding programs that provide low-cost or free screening mammograms, diagnostic testing and breast cancer treatment to uninsured or underinsured Northern Nevada residents.
We empower Northern Nevada residents with information about the importance of early detection and breast health.
We donate 75 percent of net funds raised to vital local breast health services, and dedicate the remaining 25 percent to national research to find the cures.
Since 1999, Komen Northern Nevada has invested more than $3.3 million into Northern Nevada via its annual community grants program to fund breast health programs and services for medically-under served Northern Nevada residents.
Komen Northern Nevada
is part of the big picture to eradicate breast cancer. But we're also focused on the local needs of our neighbors. We are dedicated to educating Northern Nevada
about breast cancer and the resources available along with funding life-saving screening and treatment programs for our neighbors currently battling this disease. Komen Northern Nevada
funding provided the following in the 2014-15 grant cycle:
- over 600 screening mammograms
- over 200 diagnostic services to follow up on abnormal screenings
- 22 cancers were diagnosed as a result
- nearly $70,000 in financial assistance to women in treatment
We're always only a click or a call away. However you reach us, we are always happy to help you.