Background Image

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Flickr

Komen Northern Nevada Race for the Cure










Are you inspired to save a life? Now is your chance!
Please join us as we celebrate 16 years of serving the Northern Nevada community with life saving breast health programs.Our 15th Annual Komen Northern Nevada Race for the Cure® will take place on Sunday, October 5, 2014 at the Grand Sierra Resort.

Inspired to save a life? Now is your chance to prove it!

OUR RACE

The Komen Northern Nevada Race for the Cure® has experienced tremendous growth since it’s inception in 1998. What started in the parking lot at IGT with less than 1,000 participants has grown into the largest, non-profit footrace in Northern Nevada. With over 4,500 people, we have established this one-day event as the best of its kind, raising hundreds of thousands of dollars to find a cure for breast cancer and provide life-saving services to our community.

OUR AFFILIATE

The Northern Nevada Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure – along with those who generously support us with their talent, time and resources – is working to better the lives of those facing breast cancer in our community. We are a grant-making organization that funds non-duplicative, community-based grants that translate the findings from research into breast health education and seek to enhance the availability of breast cancer screening and treatment for the uninsured and medically underserved in a total of 10 counties in Nevada: Churchill, Douglas, Lyon, Pershing, Storey, Washoe, Humboldt, Elko, Lander, Eureka and Carson City (defined as a Consolidated Municipality and not part of any county). The Komen Northern Nevada Affiliate service area also expands into Northern California to include Lassen County and small portions of 3 counties in the Sierra Nevada Mountains that border Lake Tahoe: Nevada County, Placer County and El Dorado County.

OUR IMPACT

75 percent of the net proceeds generated by Komen Northern Nevada stays in the community, while the remaining 25 percent goes to the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Award and Research Grant Program, supporting breast cancer research, awards, and educational and scientific programs around the world. In the last thirteen years, our affiliate has invested over $3.2 million into the northern Nevada community breast health programs.

OUR PASSION

Because 10 million women around the world could die from breast cancer in the next 25 years without a cure, Susan G. Komen for the Cure is every minute of every day to save every life. Because every woman is at risk for breast cancer – a disease that strikes at random and for which the causes and cures are still unknown – we know that every moment counts.

OUR PROMISE

At Susan G. Komen for the Cure, we know that ending breast cancer is about more than curing a medical condition – it’s about overcoming the cultural, social and financial conditions that prevent women from receiving life-saving breast health care and treatment. Our promise is our mission: to save lives and end breast cancer forever by empowering people, ensuring quality care for all and energizing science to find the cures.

OUR STORY

Nancy G. Brinker promised her dying sister, Susan G. Komen, that she would do everything in her power to end breast cancer forever. That promise became Susan G Komen for the Cure® in 1982, launching the global breast cancer movement. Today, Komen for the Cure is the world’s largest grassroots network of breast cancer survivors and activists in over 120 cities and 200 countries. We have played a critical role in every major advance in the fight against breast cancer over the past 30 years, transforming the way the world talks about and treats this devastating disease and helping to turn millions of breast cancer patients into breast cancer Survivors.

 

The Susan G. Komen® Promise:

To save lives and end breast cancer forever by empowering people, ensuring quality care for all and energizing science to find the cures.

Charity Navigator   
Help & FAQs | Report Improper Conduct | Privacy Policy

Susan G. Komen Northern Nevada
1350 Freeport Blvd.
Suite #101
Sparks, NV 89431
P: 775-355-7311
F:775-355-7245
info@komennorthnv.org

Monday – Friday 9 AM – 2 PM

Go to Top